How your bedroom can revitalise your morning
Whether starting a DIY project, getting active or reading some more novels, we all need the motivation to make it a reality. But how can our bedroom help us do that?
What are our morning routines?
Leaping out of bed in the spring is a misconception and is uncommon but what are our common morning habits? What design choices are we making for our bedrooms that are conducive to a relaxing and calming atmosphere?
Do you prefer a light or a dark bedroom? Well, over 61% of people say that they preferred a cosy bedroom on brighter mornings. However, when it came to bedroom paint colours, over half of our customers say the opposite. Instead opting for soft neutral shades of white, stone, beiges that have a more uplifting feel to them. Often associated with feelings of peace and tranquility, neutral colours can help you start each day off feeling refreshed and energised.
Whilst colour has an impact on how we motivate ourselves in the morning, what about your habits and surroundings? Which of the following make you feel more refreshed in the morning:
- Waking up to the morning news with a TV Bed
- A comfortable mattress
- Waking up naturally with a Divan Base Bed
- Avoiding alcohol before bed
- The perfect pillow
- A quiet room
More than 30% of our customers said they find a comfortable mattress the best way to feel refreshed in the morning, closely followed by 29% saying waking up naturally without an alarm. Further digging revealed that 50% of felt that warm lighting was the most motivating feature, far above a place to stretch or drink your morning coffee.
When it comes to surroundings, creating the optimum environment for feeling refreshed is high on our agenda but once we’re wide eyed, what next? The most popular habit with our customers was making the bed each morning (over 55%) with 46% having a healthy breakfast and over a third opening a window. Yoga and meditation were habits that people do the least.
What's better? A dark room or light room?
No matter how you start your day, one thing is certain lighting can make all the difference. Our routines are driven by exposure to light and darkness throughout the day, impacting in your mood, energy levels and awareness. Light colours, clean tones and comfort are the main factors for a motivating morning during spring.
Our top 5 tips to wake up happy in the morning!
1. Make sure your bedroom is tidy before you go to sleep. Waking up in a untidy room can already put you in bad form the the day ahead.
2. Open your curtains sooner rather than later. Light is hugely important and recommends using it as tool to wake up.
3. Try to avoid the temptation to hit snooze on your alarm. Some extra minutes is tempting but it can make getting out of bed harder as five minutes leads to ten etc.
4. Have your next day your clothes ready. Instead of a morning rush to the gym or work and setting off stress levels first thing; have your clothes ready. Or a well-organised bedroom to make sure you can manage your time effectively.
5. First job of the day, make your bed! This can make a massive difference to your day as it creates a welcoming place to return to later on in the evening and gives you that first tick lick job of the day done.
For more hints and tip on making your bedroom a haven check out some of our other blogs and if you're making your next choice on bedroom furniture whether its for a spring bed or to catch up on your latest tv series with a new TV bed then look at our collections today.